Hello Friends & Family,
I had Chemo #10 on July 27th and haven’t gotten the dreaded mouth sores. This is because we reduced my chemo again. A quick recap:
- In Jan 2015 I started with three chemo drugs; 5FU, Erbitux and CPT-11
- In May 2015 after many reductions, we stopped 5FU
- In July 2015 after many reductions, we stopped Erbitux
So this left me with CPT-11 for chemo #10. The Oncologist believes the cause of the mouth sores was from Erbitux, and not the 5FU (which is known for mouth sores). All in all I have been feeling great and been planning my next steps in this fight against cancer.
After meeting with the Liver Surgeon and Oncologist, I have decided to stop the global therapy (chemo) and now target the localized tumors. My most recent CT scan showed the tumors have been stable with one of the five calcifying around the edges (a good sign that it is responding to the therapy).
We plan on:
- Laparoscopic removing 1 of the 5 tumors, as it is located on the edge of my liver
- Use radio frequency ablation on 3 of the 5 to heat the tumors and kill the cancer cells
and….. that leaves us with one tumor left. ::sigh::
The Liver Surgeon was quiet in the room, studying the CT scan, trying to find a way to target it. As of right now, nothing can be done surgically or with radiation. Join me in praying for a miracle.
Liver Surgery – Oct 2nd, 2015